The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi had this year in his Independence Day speech announced the “Start-up India, Stand-up India” initiative. This initiative aims at fostering entrepreneurship and promoting innovation by creating an ecosystem that is conducive for growth of Start-ups. The objective is that India must become a nation of job creators instead of being a nation of job seekers.
In his 20-minute speech in “Mann ki Baat” programme on AIR in December, 2015, Shri Narendra Modi said that the government would design the programme according to the needs of the country. He also stressed that it was wrong to assume that talented people were not limited to cities alone and that’s why the ‘Start-up India, Stand-up India’ should not be limited to only some cities but spread across every nook and corner of the country.
The Prime Minister of India will formally launch the initiative on January 16, 2016. The event will be taking place at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi and will be attended by CEOs and founders of top startups (over 1500) from across the country. The closing session will be addressed by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, who will formally launch the initiative and unveil the startup Action Plan.
Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley will inaugurate the event “Start-up India, Stand-up India” in Vigyan Bhawan at 9.30 am on 16th January 2016 where the minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Nirmala Sitharaman, will be the Guest of Honour.
The launch of “Start-up India, Stand-up India” will be a day long global workshop on “Innovation and Start-ups” which aims to provide a platform to bring together all stakeholders, stimulate dialogue on key challenges that the Indian innovation ecosystem currently faces, and provide the potential solutions to address them.
Here is the brief agenda for the day –
- Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will be the chief guest of the event and Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley shall inaugurate the event
- Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Smt. NirmalaSitharaman shall be the Guest of Honour for #Start-up India event.
- Panel discussion on “Unleashing Entrepreneurship and Innovation:What do Indian Startups Need to Grow and Prosper”
- Panel discussions on “Celebrating Women: Stories of Innovative Women Entrepreneurs”
- Panel discussions on “How digitization will change India’s future”, “Making Indian Healthcare Leapfrog”
- Panel discussions on “Financial inclusion is within reach”
- Panel discussions on “Show Me the Money: How do we Capitalize Entrepreneurship?”chaired by MoS Finance Sh J.Sinha
- Q&A session:“Face-to-face with Policy makers”-Secretaries of Key Govt Min/Dept’s will answer questions on ‘GOI role.
- Google will be conducting an innovative session-“Launchpad Accelerator” to focus on early stage Start-ups to potential investors
- Nikesh Arora, President & COO, SoftBank shall be interacting with participants on aspects relating to Start-up funding.
The event shall also feature interactive talks with global leaders and venture capitalists such as Mr. Masayoshi Son (Founder and CEO, SoftBank), Mr. Travis Kalanick (Founder, Uber) and Mr. Adam Nuemann (Founder, WeWork). A delegation of over 40 top CEOs and founders of Start-ups, Venture Capitalists and Angels investors from Silicon Valley will be attending as special guests for the event and will be taking part in interactive Q&A sessions. A virtual exhibition is also being organized as part of the event to showcase some of the unique and innovative work done by Start-ups in the country.
Considering the importance of this event towards promotion of Start-up culture in the country, the event will be telecast live in IITs, IIMs, NITs, IIITs and Central Universities and to youth groups in over 350 districts of India.
Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) is organizing this event along with Invest India and Start-up ecosystem players iSpirt, YourStory, NASSCOM, SheThePeople.tv and Kairos Society and youth wings of FICCI and CII.
Fostering a fruitful culture of innovation in the country is a long and important journey. This initiative will go a significant way in reiterating Government of India’s commitment to making India the hub of innovation, design and Start-ups.
To get an invite of the event, Try your luck by filling this form.
News Source: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=134186
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.